Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Wreck

Amanda and her husband Brandon were riding just head of Samantha and I and just behind us was Matt and Kylee and then the last was Jason (Amanda's older brother). Just as Samantha and I were rounding the corner we heard a huge crack of a tree and then screaming. We came up to where there was a narrow part of the road with a very steep ravine. Brandon and Amanda had wrecked. The 4-wheeler had apparently rolled twice over them and then rolled another 6 or 7 time down to the bottom. Both had been hit on the head and Amanda had great pain in her side and leg. But overall for how bad the crash was they looked pretty good. Luckily Jason is a doctor and I am an RN so we sort of knew what we were doing.


This was our makeshift splint for Amanda's leg. Alan took both her and Brandon to Monticello's hospital to be check out and everything was fine. Her leg was not broken. They both I am sure will be hurting for a few days. All the men in camp when back to wench out the 4 wheeler. Everyone was surprise by how far down it had gone and on the way done it had broken 3 trees. It was more than 100 yards down. Amanda had said that she had tried to hold on to the 4-wheeler so that it would not drop any further, but lucky for her she let go. It would have been worse had she held on. They wenched it up and it actually started and they were able to drive it back to camp. We all felt that they were watched over that day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! It's Amanda. Can you email me those wreck pics! I am working on the blog and I will let you know when it is ready. Thanks for everything too!

Love, Amanda

Anonymous said...

my email is amandapsparks@gmail.com