Saturday, January 3, 2009

CHRISTMAS


Christmas this year according to my children was "different", but they couldn't quite put their finger on the difference. I could tell I was just not into it this year sad to say.
We draw names and then give that family give to each other on Christmas Eve along with opening up a pair of new pajamas to wear that night. The fun thing about that night was that even though we had agreed on just getting the person that we drew the name a gift the kids ended up surprising everyone and got everyone a gift. It was a very emotional moment for me because that is what is in my heart. I love to see them do more than they are asked to do. We had a very small Christmas this year. It seems that gifts for older children are so much more expensive that you can spend the same money and they get only a few items. Overall I would say it was a good Christmas. Just fun to be together!

No comments: