Monday, May 17, 2010

New Calling

A few weeks ago I was released as RS President. I had served about 2 1/2 years. It was actually one of my favoritest callings. I loved the women that I was able to serve with. My first presidency consisted of Jennifer Lomineck, Liana Taylor and Jamie Harmon. Then about 6 months ago I was asked to get a new presidency which were Kami Asay, Diana Park and Leslie Anderson. Oh how I grew to love each of these women and their strong testimonies. I will try and get a picture so that I will have it for my journaling. When I was asked to serve in this calling was just about the time my father passed away. I was reading and pondering a lot of scripture at this time. The scripture that I came across is found in

D&C 123: 13, 16-17. Therefore, that we should waste and wear out our lives in bringing to light all the hidden things of darkness, wherein we know them..........You know, brethren, that a very large ship is benefited very much by a very small helm in the time of a storm, by being kept workways with the wind and the waves. Therefore, dearly beloved brethren let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God and for his arm to be revealed.

I felt like a very small helm, but greatly appreciated the help of my presidency. I certainly did have to cheerfully do all I could and then just stand back and watch the arm of the Lord. Many time the arm of the Lord was the other sisters in the Ward. I just stood back and watched them serve each other. I will certainly miss this time in my life, but understand that there is a time and a season for everything. The day I was released Matt was put into the bishopric which has thoroughly loved. He is a great man who loves the Lord and his family. I have been very blessed in my life.

So my new calling is Primary Teacher 8 and 9 year old. What a handful. But give me a few more weeks and I will have them whipped into shape. I had forgotten how fun Primary really is.

1 comment:

Kirs:) said...

Your such an amazing lady Lenay, I am sure you greatly blessed the woman of your ward over the past couple of years and now Matt will continue that through his service, your both such and inspiration to me and so many others:):)
Primary, it is a BIG change from RS but once you get the little critters settled you will love it!