Sunday, January 8, 2012

18! No Way!

Yes Samantha turned 18 this year.  As she reminds us that
she is an official adult I remind her that she can leave at any
time--------not!  I would miss her terribly.  Samantha has always
hated her birthday being the day after Christmas.  No
one from school really remembers because of the holidays
and even in Young Women because of the holidays seem
to forget.  For the past few years her BFF Arika Hales has
spent Christmas Day night with her because she "loves
our family birthday tradition".  We get up early 6-6:30 am to
sing Happy Birthday, have the kids open their gifts and then
we fix them breakfast in bed.  This year Sam chose waffles
with the rich homemade syrup.  We always have to buy her
a cake from the store because she loves the frosting which
she eats for the next few mornings after for breakfast---yuck.
This year Arika planned a double date.
They picked Sam up about 4pm and they all went to a
place in SLC where they serve dinner and perform spoofs on
certain productions.  This year they performed
It's A Wonderful Life.  They then went over to Temple Square
and had a carriage ride looking at the lights.  Then off for
ice cream.  Samantha said that it was the best time ever.
I can't believe I am getting soooooo old!

No comments: