



Dad passed away August 1, 2007. The funeral was to be the following Saturday in Snowflake. The funeral was wonderful. Jared did a wonderful job on the program that was handed out and Erin Amos (Evan's wife) helped us out with the printing. My parent's ward in Snowflake were so kind and loving with all of their help to make this as easy as possible for our family.
I would like to share something here. The week prior to my father's death our ward split. I was serving as the Primary secretary and loving it. When they split the ward by the next week they had filled a lot of the callings and I was feeling a little left out because especially with the example of my father and him telling us his last few days serve until our life is worn out I was afraid that I was being overlooked because I had the stress of tending to my sick father. A few days after my dad passed way and before we headed to Snowflake for the funeral my bishop called me in. He then asked me to be the Relief Society President. I was shocked. All of my pent up emotions now let loose. I think that I scared the bishop with my reaction. He said that he had known for a while that he wanted to call me but that he was worried about the stress it would put on my family while I was tending for my father, but when he heard my father has passed away he knew he could not wait any longer. I am thankful for the opporunity to serve and to wear out my life like my father no matter what I am asked to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment